Saturday 17 December 2011

Bloggerview with Zoe Griffin



Zoe Griffin


Name and occupation
Zoe Griffin, Party Princess and Gossip Queen at LiveLikeaVIP.com


What would you like to plug?
If readers like my answers and want to know more about how to live life fabulously they can visitwww.LiveLikeaVIP.com

Name your three desert island ingredients.
Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and an army of men. They'd feed me the chocolate then I'd eat them


Your best cooking tip.The phone number for Nobu London is 020 7447 47 47. They deliver...

What is your favourite snack?
Dairy Milk Chocolate (a childhood classic). I'd like to be like Victoria Beckham and snack on endamame beans but I end up craving chocolate



What would you have for your last supper? 
Sushi, Rock Shrimp Tempura, a bottle of Krug and a selection of chocolates from Godiva, Melt, Paul A Young...and some Dairy Milk



What foodstuff would you banish to room 101?
Nuts. I'm not allergic but I really don't like how they taste of wood.

What's your favourite restaurant?
Nobu London then Nobu Berkeley

What's your favourite tipple?
Champagne, preferably vintage



Which book gets you cooking ?
Matser chocolatier William Curley has a book called Couture Chocolate: A Masterclass in Chocolate


What comfort food comforts you when you are sick?
Hot chocolate with marshmallows. Last time I say 'chocolate' now, promise...

Kitchen implement you can't do with out
Fridge? How else would I keep the Champagne cold?

What's your dream dinner party line-up? 
Margaret Thatcher, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Victoria Beckham, J-Lo and me. I love finding out what motivates successful women. BUT I'd have someone hot like Johnny Depp as a waiter and get him to serve me dessert personally..


And what would you cook for them?
I'd have to get a caterer as I would want to talk to them rather than cook. Then I'd end up burning stuff


What is your favourite cooking aroma ?
You can't beat the smell of melted chocolate, (sorry!). But I also love apple and cinnamon as it reminds me of my Grandma's apple crumbles 

What was your childhood teatime treat?
I was only allowed chocolate at the weekend - which is why I love it now. My mum used to make me a banana sandwich when I got home from school and i loved it.

What was the first thing you learnt to cook?
I learnt how to make scones and bread at secondary school but the first dish was the classic Shepherds Pie

What was there first thing you taught your children to cook? 
No kids...but I did recently make fairy cakes with my little cousin

What was your mothers signature dish and do you try to copy it?
My mother is soup queen and makes a mean prawn and sweetcorn chowder. Mine looks like mush in comparison

What would you make to impress your partner?
In my experience, men love steak.

Where do you go for the best fish and chips?
Geale's in Notting Hill is very civilised, Dean St Townhouse do a big portion but I quite like the Asian style tempura coated fish and chunky chips at Gilgamesh.

What was your most memorable meal?
I was lucky enough to go to the Oscars one year and there's always a massive buzz in LA at this time. I ate at Cecconi's in West Hollywood where Madonna and Jesus were on the next table, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale were nearby, Mariah Carey was with Nick Cannon and a group of people including Jennifer Aniston. I was with a friend and we spent the whole of the meal trying to eavesdrop!

What was your biggest culinary disaster?
When I moved into my flat, I made cakes for the building to introduce myself. The phone rang, they burned in the oven and the whole building was evacuated. Not the welcome I hoped for

What's the worst meal you've ever had?
I don't dwell on the negatives...and if it's really bad then don't eat it and go home and eat chocolate

What's the most outlandish thing you've ever eaten?
Everything at Archipelago, in Fitzrovia - crocodile, a bee, cockroaches in the Love Bug salad. It's a way to see how brave your date is!

Who's your food hero/food villain?
Hero is Michel Roux Jr - Le Gavroche is amazing and I ran the marathon with him a couple of times :) Villain is Ian Pengelley from Gilamesh - he's naughty!

Nigella or Delia?
Delia definitely!

Gin or Vodka?
Vodka

Muesli or fry-up?
Muesli and fruit to put the vitamins back

Wine or beer?
Wine

KFC or Burger King?
Burger King because they do onion rings - yum!

What's the best/worst thing about the British restaurant scene?
Best thing is the variety. Worst thing is the prices - some are off limits to the public who don't have an expense account and this changes an atmosphere

What do you think will be the next big thing?
I keep hearing about Ben Spalding at Roganics.

What would you do if you could choose any other career?
I'd quite like to be an actress - I am a diva! Or a chocolate buyer for somewhere like Harrods

What do you have for Christmas lunch?
Turkey and the trimmings, a bit of Xmas pud and then lots of chocolate by the fire in the evening while watching The Snowman / The Sound of Music / DR who Christmas special

Make a wish

World peace,obviously. And can I get Johnny Depp in my stocking, please? Johnny Depp and 1kg of Dairy Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment