Saturday 17 March 2012

Bloggerview with Rose-Marie


The incomparable Rose-Marie


Name and Occupation ?
Rose-Marie   Irish Songstress and actress. 

 
What would you like to plug?My new album “ Songs For my Mother “http://www.rose-marie.tv/ and my concert on the 21rst of March at the Leicester Square Theatre. http://leicestersquaretheatre.ticketsolve.com/shows/126521998/events

Name your three desert island ingredients“Dear god I only came out to buy a pint of milk and a loaf of bread, and now I am on a desert Island. Well It would have to be ice  water, green tea, and banana’s."

Your best cooking tip. Put Soya sauce on your cheese on toast, first red onions on the toast mature cheddar then Soya sauce, it’s a treat.

Which seasonal ingredient do you look forward to the most?
Irish potatoes Dublin’s Queens. Not because I  know and love so many queens , but they are flowery and make great mash.

What is your favourite snack?
Atkins chocolate bar and a cup of green tea, on record. But off it I am a bad girl can not wait to get my hands on the  Haagen-Daz and in particular the one with the chocolate bits.

What would you have for your last supper?
Fish and chips and great big Gherkin, why? You’re not planning on killing me off yet


What foodstuff would you banish to room 101?
Pineapple and Tapioca,, the nuns used to give to us at school, still makes me sick to my stomach
,thinking about it.

What's your favourite restaurant?
Zilli Fish, its home from home and Zilli treats me like I was family. 36-40 Brewer Street, Soho, London, W1F 9TA, Tel: 0207 7348649


What's your favourite tipple?
Champagne it always makes a girl feel special.


Which book gets you cooking?
Jamie Oliver “Great British Cook Book” just love his wee recipes
http://amzn.to/zTMQ40

What comfort food comforts you when you are sick?
Irish stew, mammy always made with Guinness and it reminds me of home.

Kitchen implement you can't do with out.
Hand Whizzer, great for my blueberry smoothies and mixing stews.

What's your dream dinner party line-up?
June  Brown( EastEnders) she has been a friend for years and love her.,
Frank Carson he was like a second father to me and I miss him dearly.
Marc Bolan , my teenage idol .
Vicki Michelle “Allo Aloo” such a fun lady,and great pal and any of my family members.

And what would you cook for them?
Chicken stroganoff, mushy peas; load mashed potatoes and gallons of champagne.

What is your favourite cooking aroma ?
Curry, just love the smell, rarely have one though.

What was your childhood teatime treat?
Topic chocolate bar, mammy would often give us kids a piece each after dinner, just loved it.

What was the first thing you learnt to cook?
Pan cakes, I am good Catholic girl but I do not just make them on Shrove Tuesday.

What was your mother’s signature dish and do you try to copy it?

Fish she would dip it in flower and egg,then she would shallow fry it. My Mammy a much better cook than me i try but never comes out the same.

What would you make to impress your partner?
Bacon, cabbage, mash- potatoes. I like to make homely food for a man.
 
Where do you go for the best fish and chips?Langan’s in Mayfair , I always have fish and chips when I go there. http://www.langansrestaurants.co.uk/

What’s your most memorable meal ?
Oh the curry at the ‘Star of India” rarely have them that’s why it’s a treat .
http://www.starofindia.eu/

What was your biggest culinary disaster?
I had five friends over for dinner fish was on the menu, I can never do it like my mother but I try. So busy talking and having a jar, next thing the smell of burnt fish came through , glad they liked omelets

What's the worst meal you've ever had?
Beef Strognoff when I first came to London, it was what put me off red meat for life all that fat on it. Won’t say where.


What's the most outlandish thing you've ever eaten?The lobster Dim Sum at Yauatcha , for a wee Irish girl the price would have made my mammy faint, for four little pieces. Nearly asked the waiter “When is the rest coming” it was so tasty though. http://www.yauatcha.com/

Who's your food hero/food villain?
Aldo Zilli  a man you want to have live in your kitchen.
Villian “If you can not say anything nice do not say anything at all."

Nigella or Delia?
Nigella she is my type of girl and relate to her a little more

Gin or Vodka?
Neither!  Champagne all the way do not do spirits.


Muesli or fry-up?
Tesco ‘s Wheat free porridge, fills you up and does not make you feel blotted


Wine or beer?I have the old glass of Guinness, but it would have to be sparkling white wine., nothing to sweet Sainsburys taste the difference do a nice Prosecco.

KFC or Burger King?
A Girl has to eat , and I do like the odd KFC,.

What do you consider the best of the best of British?
With out a doubt pub Sunday Lunch you cannot beat roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding and  nice chicken.
 
What do you think will be the next big thing?Time to bring back dinner Cabaret like “Talk of the Town” Makes a lovely night out, they where  big and I have a feeling there is a demand for them again, but make it with great food.

What would you do if you could choose any other career?
Fashion designer just love all the youngsters clothing these days. Glamour is my middle name.


Make a wish
To wake up and turn on the news and there be peace every where.

No comments:

Post a Comment