Thursday 30 June 2011

Bicester Village



When the opportunity came my way for a V.I.P. trip to Bicester Village , who was I to say no? And jolly glad I didn't as it happens. Thinking in my naivety that the village would be full of clothes shops and ones displaying the latest IT bag, I was very pleased to see a wide selection of shops that were more lifestyle than homages to the red carpet. The great thing with Bicester is that all the store holders have to pledge that all their wares are marked down, sometimes to prices that make you think how on earth can they make money on them.
With so much choice to take on board and having been very spoilt by having the V.I.P. room to use as a base we were able to use IT (this as a base) to bring back all purchases and to have yet another glass of the rather good champagne, of which they seemed to have an endless supply. I should explain  that this den is saved for the big spenders, on which point I have to admit I would normally been shown the door. But the doyen of the room Ati was far too polite. Ati, who is in charge of the room is more used to the likes of the Middletons, Moss's,Hurleys and indeed The Princess Royal and daughter not to mention a whole gaggle of other royal families from far flung places. Good to see that they are as keen for a bargain as the hundreds that were there at the same time as me.
As people spend rather a long time at the village, there are a lot of food outlets such as Busaba Eathai, Carluccio's, Creperie Amelie, Pret A Manger, the ubiquitous Starbucks and Villandry(who gave us a wonderful lunch). I should say that all of these do not have the same principal towards discount but they are all geared up for people who want to eat quickly and get back to the important aspect of shopping. The stores there that might be of interest to you are Bodum, Le Creuset and Villeroy& Boch all of which have fantastic reductions on their goods and a very wide selection.
 Gettting there could not be easier an hours train journey from Marylebone Station and then a quick bus transfer will get you there. I for one will be back, if only to see Ati in her V.I.P. room!!

From London: Chiltern Railways runs daily services - up to four an hour - from London Marylebone to Bicester North station, with journey times from 48 minutes. On arrival at Bicester North station the Bicester Village Shuttle Bus will whisk you straight to your favourite boutiques. Ask for a ticket through to Bicester Village when purchasing your Chiltern Railways train ticket and this will include the bus journey.

Opening Times

Monday
10am - 8pm
Tuesday
10am - 8pm
Wednesday
10am - 8pm
Thursday
10am - 8pm
Friday
10am - 8pm
Saturday
9am - 8pm
Sunday
10am - 7pm

No comments:

Post a Comment